I need help staying centered on the gospel. These tweets from Tullian Tchividjian have helped me today:
- If you feel compelled to respond every time you’re criticized it reveals just how much you’ve built your identity on being right.
- The fact that there is “no condemnation for those who are in Christ” doesn’t change when you fail.
- The law demands that we do it all; the gospel declares that Jesus paid it all.
- An ideal sermon outcome: everyone feeling so loved and forgiven that we say “yes” to whatever God wants.
- God’s law reveals how quick we are to run from him; God’s gospel reveals how quick he is to run after us.
- I wish I could say “I surrender all.” I can’t. Either can you. What I can say is Jesus surrendered all on my behalf. (HT:@ScottyWardSmith)
- Ongoing failure in sanctification is the direct result of failing to remember God’s love for us in the gospel.
Thanks for the reminder, Tullian.