May 5, 2013 – Listen here —> “Facing the Fire” • Acts 7:54-8:4
The Big Idea: “Persecution is part of the disciple’s job description.”
I. Stephen’s fire – Acts 7:54
II. Courage for the moment – Acts 7:55-56
III.Prepared to suffer – Acts 7:57-58
IV. The Christ-like disciple – Acts 7:59-60
V. A sovereign purpose for persecution – Acts 8:1-4
A Challenge: ___________________________________________.
- What kinds of fires are you facing now? What kinds do you anticipate in the future?
- How do we find courage when facing the fire of pressure and persecution?
- Why is it important to count the cost of discipleship as a follower of Jesus?
- How can my example of Christ-likeness in persecution influence others?
- How has God historically used persecution to advance the gospel?
- What fire did Jesus face and what is the significance of that for us?