Sunday, July 7, 2013 • Listen here —> Fulfilling Your Unique Calling • Romans 12:4-8
Main idea: Like players drafted into the NBA, Christians are people who have been drafted, or called, into a kingdom. When God calls someone, he gives that someone a gift that is to be used for the purpose of accomplishing the kingdom’s mission. Each disciple has a position to play. A gift to use. A calling to fulfill. What is your gift and how are you using it?
- Gift Diversity (vv. 4-5a)
- Gift Interdependency (v. 5b)
- Gift Functionality (vv. 6-8)
A Challenge: ________________ your gift and ________________ it.
QUESTIONS FOR REFLECTION & DISCUSSION:
- What is your primary spiritual gift? In what ways are you using that gift?
- What gift do you wish you had, but don’t? How can this be an opportunity to show appreciation and gratitude to those who have that gift? What if nobody had it? How do you think that gift fits with yours?
- Discuss this statement, “Mission is not easy, but it is totally worth it.” How does Jesus fulfilling his unique calling instruct and inspire us when thinking about this question?