Five reasons why Ole Miss should be in the playoff…
1. Ole Miss faced one of the most brutal schedules in the country, playing five teams who appeared in the top 10, defeating the current #1 (who was #1 then) and current #4 (who was #1 for 5 weeks). Who else has such a combo of marque wins?
2. Except for a questionable holding call that called back a winning TD against ranked LSU and a broken ankle 2 inches from the winning TD against then #3 Auburn, Ole Miss is 11-1, champion of the SEC West, ranked #1 in the country with wins over #1, #3 and #4.
3. Ole Miss is generous. Even though Ole Miss had more total yards and more first downs than Arkansas, the Rebels refused to score on the Hogs by handing them six turnovers. It’s hard to turn down a team for the playoff that is so giving.
4. With all of the attention Mississippi has received this year, at least one team from MS should be included, and Ole Miss won the state. Maybe we can call this spot “the wild card,” just to keep the playoff fun!
5. A guy can dream, right? 🙂
Homesick: My Longing for Things to Be as They Should
8 Ways to Help Young Children Enjoy “Big Church” on Sundays
Passion Week/Saturday: Waiting and Wondering
Passion Week/Friday: Great Friday
Passion Week/Thursday: A Shocking Moment
Passion Week/Wednesday: Brutal Honesty
Passion Week/Tuesday: Readiness
Passion Week/Monday: Holy Violence
How to Resolve Marriage Conflict
For Preachers: Learning to be with Jesus
Being a Friend, not a Fixer
Of Prophets and Meteorologists
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.