The Marriage Expedition: Essential Supplies for the Journey– #1 • “A Mirror”
Main point. “The gospel is a mirror of _____________. Looking into the mirror of _____________ enables me, supernaturally, to treat my spouse the way _____________ has treated me.”
1 Timothy 1:15-17
- v. 15 – See the way things were in the law mirror
- v. 16 – See the way things are in the gospel mirror
- v. 17 – Notice the doxology!
So, what happens when I look into the mirror of mercy? At least four things —>
- I will _____________ my own flesh as a primary contributor to the problems in my marriage.
- I will freely _____________ when I am wrong.
- Rather than be an _____________, I will become an _____________.
- Rather than point out _____________, I would help find _____________.
Conclusion. “Mirror mirror on the wall,” who is the most grace needy of us all?